American Express is sending out targeted email for 50000 sign up bonus points for the American Express Premier Rewards Gold card. The Amex premier rewards card typically comes with 25000 bonus points. In the past, they have offered a maximum sign up bonus of 65000 points, but mostly they have provided only a maximum of 50000 sign up bonus points.
American Express Premier Rewards Gold 50K Signup Bonus
I recently received an email from American Express, that they are offering me a signup bonus of 50000 American Express Membership points as a signup bonus for the American Express Premier Rewards card. To get the bonus a spend of $2000 using the card is required within 90 days of the card approval date. The American Express membership rewards points can be transferred to various airline partners for flying premium class for free.
Benefits of American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card
- 3X points airfare purchased directly from airlines
- 2X points at US restaurants
- 2X points at US gas stations
- 2X points at US supermarkets
- 1X points on other purchases
- Select a qualifying airline and then receive up to $100 a year in statement credits every year as a card member, when related fees are charged by the airline to your Premier Rewards Gold Card account.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- You can get 2x Membership Rewards®points per eligible dollar spent, in addition to a $75 hotel credit to spend on qualifying dining, spa, and resort activities when you book a stay of at least two consecutive nights at participating properties.
- Transfer points to 17 frequent flyer airline programs.
- Transfer points to 3 hotel rewards program.
How much it will cost to own the Card
The card comes with an annual fee of $195, American Express waive this fee for the first year of card membership. Starting the second year, you will be paying $195 per year. The cost comes down to $95 if you get an airline credit of $100 for airline charged the fee like checked baggage fee.
Best Benefits of the Card Transfer Partner
You can transfer the American Express Premier Rewards Points to 17 airline partner on an 1:1 ratio basis (with few exceptions like British Airways, Virgin America, Jet Blue, Iberia etc). Few times of the year American Express runs a promotion you will be able to transfer the points to the partner airlines with additional bonus points.
You can transfer the American Express rewards points to three hotel partner on an 1:1 ratio basis (with some exceptions like Hilton Honors and SPG).
Also, you can transfer the points to Plenti Points on an 1:1 ratio, but I would not recommend moving the points to Plenti Points as they are less valuable compared to airline and hotel transfer partner.
Is it a Good Card to keep in your Portfolio
When you consider the transfer partners American Express Premium Rewards Gold card is one of the best card available in the market. Check your American Express account to see whether you are targeted for the increased bonus offer. If you are targeted, and you have not had this card in the past, I would suggest you apply for the card. If you are not targeted wait to apply for the card, American Express twice a year runs a public offer of increase 50k signup bonus when American Express runs such an increased bonus you can apply for the card.
Points to Note
You are not eligible to receive the bonus offer if you have already applied and obtained the bonus for the American Express Premier Rewards Gold card.