I received a targeted invitation from CitiBank for the AAdvantage Gold MasterCard for 65K sign up bonus. Normally the CitiBank AAdvantage Gold MasterCard comes with a signup bonus of 25K AAdvantage miles, the targeted offer comes with a 65K AAdvantage Bonus mile
65K Citi AAdvantage Gold World Elite MasterCard Offer
The Citi AAdvantage Gold World Elite MasterCard comes up an initial signup bonus of 55K AAdvantage miles when you spend $4000 within four months of the card approval. If you spend additional $2000 within one year of the card approval you will get an additional signup bonus of 10k AAdvantage miles for a total of 65K AAdvantage miles as a signup bonus.
I receive the targeted offer through the mail and initially I was not planning to apply for the card. Since I have canceled my Chase United Explorer Card and I have not applied for any new card for the past one-plus year I decided to apply for the card.
Benefits of Citi Gold AAdvantage Mastercard
There is a lot of talk going in the blogger community about how American Airlines has reduced the saver award availability and why it is not great to accumulate the AAdvantage miles for a free business class travel.
I do agree American Airlines has poor availability of award space in the saver award miles, but using saver award AAdvantage miles you can fly Qatar Airways to Asia for as few as 72,500 miles oneway in business class.
Summary of Benefits
- Sign up bonus of 65k AAdvantage miles (55k for an initial spend of $4,000 in 4 months and 10k AAdvantage miles for an additional spend of $2,000 in 12 months) target offer.
- Sign up bonus of 25k AAdvantage miles for an initial spend of $750 in 3 months regular public offer.
- 2 AAdvantage miles for American Airlines purchase and 1 AAdvantage miles for every day spend.
- 5k AAdvantage reduced mileage award for round trip mileage travel and 2.5k for oneway travel.
- Lost baggage protection
- Worldwide travel accident protection.
- 25% savings on American Airlines in-flight purchase.
- AAdvantage miles will not expire as long as you use the card at least once in every 17 months.
- Annual fee $50 waived for the first year.
The foreign exchange fee waiver, one of the key benefits available with the most airline co-branded card is not available for this card. So this card is not good for use when you travel overseas.
Applied and Approved for the Card
Since I never had this card and the highest miles offered for this card is 65K AAdvantage miles I decided to apply for the card. The letter I received from Citibank had a deadline date of December 31, 2017, to apply and receive the 65K bonus miles. The letter had a unique invitation number which I used to get 65k bonus offer.
I went to the CitiBank website and entered my invitation code available on the credit card offer page and was immediately transferred to the special offer page for applying for the card. I applied for the card and got immediately approved for the card with a very good credit line.
If you are targeted for this card and you have not opened or canceled any AAdvantage branded Citi cards you can apply and get the large initial sign-on benefit offered by this card. Other than the 65k AAdvantage sign on bonus this card does not offer any earth-shattering benefits. But it does not hurt to apply and get the card for the 65k signup bonus miles.