*** Update **** miles to memories reports the following changes.
- The card will be losing access to American Airline Lounge access in July 2017. Citi is planning to introduce its own Lounge and this card will get you access to Citi Airport Lounge.
- Sing up bonus reduced to 40000 points after $4,000 spend an increase from $3,000 spend
- 4th night free benefit change. The price of the 4th night is the average price of the previous 3 nights instead of the price of the 3rd night. Also you need to pay the taxes for the 4th night earlier Citi paid for the hotel stay plus taxes.
There is a rumour circulating in the travel blogs that the CITI Prestige Card sign up bonus of 50000 points will either get reduced or eliminated all together as early as next Thursday, so sign up before it is gone for good.
Sing up for Citi Prestige Card
Citi Prestige card is one of the hottest general purpose points earning cards along with Chase Sapphire and American Express Platinum card. This card currently offers a signup bonus of 50000 points after you spend $3,0000 within 90 days of getting the card approved. The card comes with an annual fee of $450 which is not waived during the first year. But Citi allows you to get a $250 credit towards any airline purchase including airline ticket purchase every year which brings down the annual fee to $200.
Please note this bonus is not available if you have opened or closed the Citi Prestige Card in the last 24 months.
Rewards Earning for spend using Citi Prestige Card
- 3 points for every dollar spent for travel related expense like Air tickets, Cruise tickets, and Hotels lodging charges.
- 2 points for every dollar spent for dining and entertainment (like movie tickets, concert tickets, Disney Parks tickets)
- 1 point for every dollar for all other spend using this card
- $250 credit applied to travel related expense each and every year
- Free American Airlines Admirals Club lounge (When you travel through American Airlines) and Priority Pass Select lounge access.
- Complimentary stay for 5th night when you stay for four consecutive days in a hotel.
- $100 credit for global entry application fee.
- Missed event ticket protection for sports event, concerts or lectures.
Points Transfer benefits
You can transfer Citi Prestige reward points to the following Airlines program on 1:1 basis.
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- EVA Air Infinity MileageLands
- Etihad Guest
- Malaysia Airlines Enrich Program
- Garuda Indonesia Frequent Flyer
- Qantas miles
- Qatar Privilege Club
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Thai Airways Royal Orchard Plus
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
- Virgin America Elevate
- With the exception of Hilton you cannot transfer the points to any Hotel rewards program. Also you can transfer only 1000 points to Hilton HHonors program.
- High annual fee $450 which will not be waived.
Overall this card is a very good card considering you will be earning bonus miles for travel categories as well as ability to transfer the points to various airline programs.
We do not know the whether the internet/blog rumor is true, if you have not applied for a points earning card in a while and you have not had this card in the last 24 months I would suggest you apply and get this card before the sign up bonus is gone for good.