Chase has currently increased Marriott Rewards Credit Card Sign on Bonus to 80000 Marriott Rewards point. This card offers a sign on bonus of 50000 points only.
Sign on Bonus Increased to 80000
Chase Bank currently offers a greater sign on bonus of 80000 Marriott Rewards points, for its Marriott Rewards Credit Card, when you spend $3,000 within three months of getting the card approved. This card comes with an annual fee of $85, and the annual fee is waived for the first year. I value the 80000 Marriott Rewards bonus points at 0.8c which works out to $640 worth of points for the sign on bonus. You will be able to get more than $640 worth of hotel night stay with Marriott when you use the points. I wrote another blog post about the value of 80000 points which you can read here.
You are ineligible to receive the 80000 points bonus if you have received the Chase Marriott Rewards Credit Card bonus in the last 24 months. Also, Chase is enforcing a rule if you have applied and obtained a total of 5 credit card from any other bank including any card from Chase you will be denied approval for this as well as any other chase branded card if you apply.
Chase Marriott Rewards Card offers the following benefits
- One free night stay every year after your card anniversary in any Marriott Property Category 1 through 5 hotel. The free night every year will cover the annual fee $85 that you will be paying after the first year. In other words, this is as good as a fee free card if you utilize the annual free night in any of the Marriott Property which costs more than $85 per night.
- 7500 bonus points when you add an authorized user to the card within first 90 days of the card opening. Sometimes Chase gives you the bonus of 7500 points even if you add an authorized users after the 90 days. But you have to call them and ask for it before adding the additional authorized user.
- 5 points for every dollar spend at the various Marriott properties worldwide.
- 2 points for the ticket directly purchased with airlines, car rental agencies, and restaurant.
- 1 points for every day spend.
- No foreign transaction fee when you use this card abroad.
- As long as you have this card, you have guaranteed silver status with Marriott Rewards Point. As a Silver member, you will get 20% bonus points whenever you stay in a Marriott Property. Also Silver status allows you to get a priority late check-out when you stay at a Marriott Property.
- You will receive 15 elite credit after account opening and 15 elite credit every year you have this card. Also, you will receive one elite credit for each $3,000 spent on this card.
Disadvantages of Chase Marriott Rewards Points Card
- You need to spend $3,000 to unlock the 80000 bonus miles which even though not steep which may be difficult for some.
- No reduced discounted interest rate for your purchases when you sign up for this card.
Other than the initial spend of $3,000 to unlock the 80000 miles bonus, I do not see any disadvantage with this card. Also the $95 annual fee each year will pay very well for one free night hotel stay as well as Silver Status with Marriott Rewards Program.
If you do not have this card, if you have not received the Chase Marriott Rewards Sign on bonus in the last 24 months you can apply and receive the bonus for this card. Please note the 80000 initial sign on will not last long, once Chase removes the promotion it will revert to 50000 miles which can happen anytime.