Citi Bank has increased the sign on bonus miles offer to 60000 miles for its Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ MasterCard®. Normally this card offers only 30000 AAdvantage miles as a sign on bonus offer.
Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard increased bonus of 60000 American Airlines AAdvantage miles
Citi Bank currently offers an increased sign on bonus of 60000 American Airlines AAdvantage miles when you spend $5,000 within three months of getting the card approved. This card comes with an annual fee of $450; the annual fee is not waived for the first year. I value the 60000 AAdvantage bonus points at 1.5c which works out to $900 worth of miles for the sign on bonus. If the miles are used for premium/business class, travel the miles are worth as high as $7,200, an example of higher valuation is shown at the bottom of this blog post.
You are ineligible to receive the 60000 miles bonus if you have opened or closed the AAdvantage Executive World Elite Master Card account in the last 24 months. In other words, if you had this card in the past you need to wait at least 24 months after closing the card, before applying for this card again to receive the sign on bonus.
Citi Bank AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard offers the following benefits
- $100 every five years, as reimbursement for your application fee for Global Entry or TSA Pre.
- Priority check-in, airport screening (where available) and early boarding when flying American Airlines.
- No foreign transaction fee when you use this card overseas for any purchases.
- 2 miles for every dollar spent with American Airlines.
- Every year (January through December billing statement), when you reach $40,000 in spending on purchases, you will earn 10,000 AAdvantage Elite Qualifying Miles from American Airlines.
- Citi / AAdvantage cardmembers will receive a 25% savings on in–flight purchases of food, beverages, and headsets on flights operated by American Airlines when purchased with their Citi / AAdvantage card.
- 1st Checked in bag free in American Airlines a saving of $50 round trip, when you purchase the ticket using the Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard. The checked in baggage is also free for anyone traveling with you using the same reservation.
- Access to Admiral Club with no additional charges.
Disadvantages of Citi Bank AAdvantage Executive World Elite MasterCard
You need to spend $5,000 to unlock the 60000 bonus miles which are little steep. Also note the annual fee is very steep with $450, for that you do not receive any additional benefit like $200 credit for airline related expense like American Express Platinum card.
If you are planning to take a premier class travel using American Airlines or One World Partner airlines in the near feature the $450 is worth spending for getting the 60000 bonus AAdvantage miles.
What you can get for the bonus miles
Here is a sample Award Travel/Ticket price from Dallas (DFW) for domestic and international travel. A similar type of deal may be available from various other departure points from the USA.
For 25000 miles + $5.60 you can fly round trip from Dallas (DFW) to San Francisco (SFO) in American Airlines Economy Class, a ticket that is currently priced for $367. Value per mile 1.5 cents
Dallas – San Francisco Award Price Economy Round Trip
Dallas – San Francisco Currency Price Economy Round Trip
For 60000 miles + $5.60 you can fly round trip from Dallas (DFW) to Paris (CDG) in American Airlines Economy Class, a ticket that is currently priced for $1,596. Value per mile 2.7 cents.
Dallas – Paris Award Price Economy Round Trip
Dallas – Paris Currency Price Economy Round Trip
For 57500 miles + $5.60 you can fly one way from Dallas (DFW) to Paris (CDG) or from Paris (CDG) to Dallas (DFW) in American Airlines BUSINESS CLASS, a ticket that is currently priced for $6,969. Value per mile 12 cents.
Dallas – Paris Award Price Business Class One Way
Dallas – Paris Currency Price Business Class One Way