The 100k Signup Bonus Deal No longer Available. The Chase Sapphire Reserve card is a great card with excellent benefits. You can still get 50k signup bonus online or in a Chase Bank branch.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve Premium card was introduced by Chase last year with a signup bonus of 100K Chase Ultimate Rewards Point. Chase received overwhelming support from the consumers it was oversubscribed many times over, and due to the demand, Chase issued plastic Chase Sapphire Reserve card instead of the usual metal cards.
Chase Sapphire Reserver Sign up Bonus Reduced to 50K
Chase reduced the signup bonus to 50k for all the online application received after January 9th but kept the signup bonus of 100K points if you sign up for the card in any Chase Branch. My spouse applied for the Sapphire Reserve Card online before January 9th online and received the 100K signup bonus.
The option to earn the 100K signup bonus in a branch location is coming to an end. The last day you can get the 100K signup bonus is on March 12, 2017. After that date, you will get only 50K as the signup bonus anywhere including a Chase Bank Branch location.
Summary of Benefits
- Signup bonus 100,000 (application through Chase Branch ending March 12th) 50,000 (online application) Chase Ultimate Rewards points after you spend $4,000 within 90 days of the card approval.
- Earn three ultimate rewards points for each dollar spent on travel and dining categories.
- Complimentary Priority Pass Select membership which allows you as well as your guests to get access to 900+ VIP Airport Lounges around the world FREE!!!. Must activate the Priority Pass Club membership to receive the benefit.
- $300 credit every calendar year for any airline or hotel fee charged to the card, which includes flight ticket, baggage fees, any airline fees and hotel booking fees.
- Every four years get $100 statement credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre fee.
- Apply before March 12th in a Chase Bank Branch to get the 100K signup bonus.
The card carries a hefty annual fee of $450, which is not waived for the first year. But unlike American Express Cards which gives statement credit only for airline related costs like excess baggage charges, you will get up to $300 statement credit per the calendar year for any airline related expenses charged to the card, including the airline ticket fees, which will bring down the annual fee to $150 per year.
Get the 100K Signup Bonus before it is Gone
The 100K in branch signup bonus offer ends on March 9th, get the signup bonus of 100k Ultimate Rewards Points before it is gone. Please note this offer is not available online you need to go to a Chase Bank branch to apply for the card to receive the 100k signup bonus. The Ultimate Rewards Points are valued 1.5¢ each, by signing up for the card on or before March 12th at a Chase Bank branch location you can get $1500 worth of Ultimate Rewards Point.
Points to Consider Before You Decide to Apply for the Card
Please note you are ineligible to receive this card if you have applied and obtained five credit card or credit line in the last 24 months. I have written a blog about Chase credit card denial policy which you can read here.
Update: Adam of Point me to the Plan reports he got approved for the Chase Sapphire Reserve card in Chase Bank branch despite getting 5 credit line in the past 24 months. So there is a possibility you may get approved for the card, even if have more than 5 credit card approved and received in the past 24 months, when you apply for the card in a Chase Bank Branch location. It is not guaranteed that you will receive the card, but it is worth trying it out.
Photo Credit: Chase Bank