*** Deal Expired ***. For the Active Deals check out the above link
American Airlines is currently running a sale for the purchased miles where you can get a 10% discount on the purchase price. In addition to the discount, you can earn bonus miles anywhere from 3,500 miles to 85,000 miles based on a number of miles you buy.
It is always better to purchase the airline miles when you are short of miles for a near term trip. During the mile sale, you can buy miles anywhere from 1.8¢ to 2.8¢ which less than the mile per cost of 3.0¢ typically charged by American Airlines.
Buy American Airline Miles at a Discount
To get the bonus miles and the discount you need to purchase a minimum of 15,000 miles which will get you a bonus of 3,500 miles on top of your purchase miles for a total of 18,500 miles. To get the maximum bonus miles of 85,000 miles, you need to buy 150,000 miles which will cost you $3,982.50, and the cost per mile works out to 1.69¢ which is an excellent deal.
As I always said before do not buy the miles because they are cheap, purchase the miles only if you are short of miles for your near term trip otherwise do not buy the miles from the airlines as they can devalue the miles anytime.
|Miles Purchased||Bonus||Total Miles Credited||Cost||Cost / Mile|
Highlights of the Deal
- Offer runs between August 1, 2017 through August 31, 2017 11:59:59 CDT
- Using this offer you can purchase a maximum of 150,000 miles.
- Miles purchased are processed through American Airlines, so if you use miles or points earning credit card, you will receive the bonus for travel related category.
- You can buy a maximum of 150,000 miles per year per account from American Airlines. Bonus miles are not counted towards the annual maximum miles purchase.
Is It a Good Deal?
Yes as long as you purchase 30,000 miles are more which will cost you less than 2.0¢. But do not buy the miles speculatively because an airline is running a sale. Purchase the miles only if you are short of miles for the trip you are planning to take with in the next six months. Otherwise, skip the deal, American Airlines will run a similar discount deal through out the year and you can decide at the time whether to purchase the miles or not.
Terms and Conditions
- To be eligible for the bonus miles and discount AAdvantage members must purchase 15,000 AAdvantage miles or more in a single transaction from the Buy or Gift Miles program beginning 12:00:00 am CT on August 2, 2017, to 11:59:59 pm CT on August 31, 2017.
- The prices shown include the discount. The discount applies to the AAdvantage miles purchased and does not apply towards taxes or the $30 transaction processing fee. The bonus miles earned are calculated based on each purchase amount and the corresponding bonus award.
- Bonus miles earned do not count toward the annual purchase limits. The applicable bonus miles are awarded to the recipient for Gift Miles transactions. The miles purchased with the Buy Miles program and received with the Gift Miles program do not count towards AAdvantage Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum or AAdvantage Million MilerSM status qualification.
- Transactions are nonrefundable and nonreversible. The miles successfully purchased or transferred usually post to the designated account right away, but please allow up to 8 hours for processing.
- Each AAdvantage member is limited to purchasing or receiving in a calendar year, a combined total of no more than 150,000 AAdvantage miles.
- Miles purchased through the Buy Miles program or received as a gift through the Gift Miles program count against this total. A confirmation email will be sent to the primary buyer/gifter and/or recipient, using the email address(es) associated with the AAdvantage account(s) and any additional email address provided.
- AAdvantage accounts less than 30 days old are not permitted to Buy or Gift Miles. The price of your purchase is in U.S. dollars. Your credit card company may add a currency conversion fee.
- For the full terms and conditions check out the American Airlines website using the following link.