Last year Citi Bank cut down the Citi Prestige signup bonus from 50k to 40k Thank You points. Now after seeing Chase and other banks started issuing a premium card with higher signup bonus and better benefits Citi Bank does not want to sit on the side line. Now they have increased the signup bonus for the Citi Prestige premier card to 75k Thank You points from the standard 40k Thank You points they were offering for the past one year.
75K Increased Signup Bonus Citi Prestige Card
Last week I wrote a blog article about the 50k increased bonus offer for the Citi Thank You Premier card. Now Citi Bank has bumped up the sign up bonus for the Citi Prestige card to 75k Thank You point. Please note the increased signup offer of 75k is a limited time only offer and Citi Bank may reduce the signup bonus any time back to 40k Thank You points.
The 75k Thank You points sign up offer comes up with a steep initial spend requirement. You need to spend $7,500 with in 3 months of card approval.
The $7,500 is quite a steep spend for many if you have any major up coming bills like property tax payment or payment of school tuition fee you have a fine chance of hitting the required spend to get the 75k Thank You point bonus.
75K Increased Bonus Citi Prestige Benefits
- Earn 75,000 bonus points after spending $7,500 in purchases within the first three months the account of account opening.
- 75,000 ThankYou® Points are redeemable for $937 in airfare on any airline, anytime with no blackout dates when booked through the ThankYou travel center or $750 in gift cards when redeemed at thankyou.com
- Earn 3X Points on Travel (airlines, hotel, and travel agencies)
- Earn 2X Points on Dining Out and Entertainment.
- Earn 1X Points on All Other Purchases.
- Transfer points to 11 airlines frequent flyer program as well as to 1 hotel program for premium class travel.
- No expiration and no limit to the number of points you can earn with this card.
- Additional Benefits
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
- Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection
- Worldwide Travel Accident Insurance
- Worldwide Car Rental Insurance
- Lost Baggage Protection
- Travel & Emergency Assistance
- Priority Pass membership which allows you and your two guests free access to 1000+ airport lounges world wide.
- Application link available to everyone (need to use incognito mode or clear browser cash before you access the link otherwise you will see only the 50k offer with $5,000 spend within three months of card approval).
This card comes with a hefty annual fee of $450 which is not waived for the first year. But you will get travel spend credit of $250 when you purchase an airline ticket using this card directly from the airline or a third party website or a travel agent. The airline travel credit will bring down the annual fee of the card to $200.
If you have a Citi Priority account and if you apply for the card in a Citi Bank branch the annual fee is only $350.
Airline and Hotel Transfer Partners
You can transfer the Thank You points on a 1:1 ratio to airline frequent flyer program as well as hotel programs. A minimum of 1000 Thank You point required when you transfer the points to airline or hotel program. Currently, you can transfer the points only to Hilton Honors hotel program. Now Hilton is going exclusively with American Express as the credit card partner, and there is a possibility you may not be able to transfer the Thank You point to Hilton Honors some time in the feature.
Airline Transfer Partners
- Air France KLM FlyingBlue
- Cathay Pacific
- Etihad Airlines
- EVA Air
- Garuda Indonesia Airlines
- JetBlue Airlines
- Malaysia Airlines
- Qantas Airways
- Qatar Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Royal Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic Airlines
Hotel Transfer Partners
- Hilton Honors (2 Hilton Honors Point for each Thank You point transfer until September 20, 2017)
How to Apply for The Card
The 75k increased signup bonus is available to everyone. You can go to Citi Bank website and apply for the card, or you can use the following link (use incognito mode or clear browser case before you click the link) to apply for the card. Typically this card comes only with a 40k signup bonus, and the 75k is the maximum signup bonus offered for the card in recent time even though Citi has offered the 50k signup bonus for this card in the past.
If you do not have this card, it is a good time to apply and get the increased signup bonus. Please note if you received or canceled the following cards Citi Thank you Preferred, or Citi Thank You Premier or Citi Thank You Prestige in the last 24 months you are ineligible to get the 75k signup bonus. You can still receive the signup bonus if you have applied for the card 25 months are earlier, and you still have any Thank you Rewards card.
H/T: Doctor of Credit