Citi Bank has increased the signup bonus offer for its Citi Thank You Premier card to 50k thank you points. Typically this card comes only with a 30k thank you points as the signup bonus. To unlock the 50k signup bonus, you need to spend $4,000 within 90 days of the card approval.
50K Increased Bonus CITI Thank you Premier Benefits
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 in purchases within the first three months the account of account opening.
- 50,000 ThankYou® Points are redeemable for $625 in airfare on any airline, anytime with no blackout dates when booked through the ThankYou travel center or $500 in gift cards when redeemed at thankyou.com
- Earn 3X Points on Travel, Including Gas Stations and
- Public Transportation
- Taxis and Tolls
- Parking Garages
- Airfare and Hotels
- Car Rental Agencies
- And much more!
- Earn 2X Points on Dining Out and Entertainment.
- Earn 1X Points on All Other Purchases.
- Transfer points to 11 airlines frequent flyer program as well as to 1 hotel program for premium class travel.
- No expiration and no limit to the number of points you can earn with this card.
- Additional Benefits
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
- Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection
- Worldwide Travel Accident Insurance
- Worldwide Car Rental Insurance
- Lost Baggage Protection
- Travel & Emergency Assistance
- The annual fee is waived for the first year after the first year you will be charged $95 annual fee.
- Application link available to everyone.
Airline and Hotel Transfer Partners
You can transfer the Thank You points on a 1:1 ratio to airline frequent flyer program as well as hotel programs. A minimum of 1000 Thank You point is required when you transfer the points to airline or hotel program. Currently, you can transfer the points only to Hilton Honors hotel program. Now Hilton is going exclusively with American Express as the credit card partner, and there is a possibility you may not be able to transfer the Thank You point to Hilton Honors some time in the feature.
Airline Transfer Partners
- Air France KLM FlyingBlue
- Cathay Pacific
- Etihad Airlines
- EVA Air
- Garuda Indonesia Airlines
- JetBlue Airlines
- Malaysia Airlines
- Qantas Airways
- Qatar Airways
- Singapore Airlines
- Thai Royal Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic Airlines
Hotel Transfer Partners
- Hilton Honors (2 Hilton Honors Point for each Thank You point transfer until September 20, 2017)
How to Apply for The Card
The 50k increased signup bonus is available to everyone. You can go to Citi Bank website and apply for the card, or you can use the following link to apply for the card. Typically this card comes only with a 30k signup bonus, Citi offers the increased signup bonus only once or twice a year. The 50k is the maximum signup bonus offered for the card in recent time even though Citi has offered the 60k signup bonus few times in the past.
If you do not have this card, it is a good time to apply and get the increased signup bonus. Please note if you received or canceled the following cards Citi Thank you Preferred, or Citi Thank You Premier or Citi Thank You Prestige in the last 24 months you are ineligible to get the 50k signup bonus. You can still receive the signup bonus if you have applied for the card 25 months are earlier, and you still have any Thank you Rewards card.