Update #2: Sorry the 100k signup bonus offer expired, but the standard 80k signup bonus offer is still available.
Update: Increased signup bonus offer expires May 3, 2017. Sign up soon if you want the increased bonus.
Chase Marriott Rewards Visa card currently offers an increased sign up bonus of 100,000 Marriot Rewards point. This card offers only 80,000 Marriott Rewards Point, the 20k increase in signup bonus is a special offer which wouldn’t last long. You need to apply for the card on or before May 3, 2017, to get the increased signup bouns.
Chase Marriott Rewards Increased Signup Bonus Offer
A public signup up offer that is open to everyone is currently available now for Chase Marriott Rewards Visa card that offers a signup bonus of 100k Marriott Rewards Point. This is a better offer than the 80k rewards point which is usually offered by Chase. To unlock the 100k Marriott Rewards Point, you need to spend $5,000 using this card within 90 days of the card approval by Chase.
The $5,000 spend is a large spend for many of us, but if direct all the spend to this card or using services like Plastiq you can easily meet the $5,000 spend requirement to unlock the signup bonus.
The Chase Marriott Rewards Visa carries an annual fee of $85 which is not waived for the first year of card membership.
Chase Marriott Rewards Visa Benefits
- 100K Marriott Rewards Point signup bonus (value $500) after spending $5,000 within 90 days of the card approval. Apply before May 3, 2017 to get the increased signup bouns.
- 7500 Marriott Rewards Point for adding an additional user within 90 days of the card approval.
- 5 Marriott Rewards Point spent at Marriott and SPG Properties
- 2 Marriott Rewards Point for a ticket directly purchased from airlines, car rental and restaurant spend.
- 1 Marriott Rewards Point for all other spends.
- Free night stay every year on category 1-5 hotel.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- 15-night credit annually towards elite status
- You get automatic Silver Elite status when keeping your account in good standing.
- Trip cancellation & trip intruption insurance coverage upto $5,000.
- Baggage delay insurance up to $500 per covered expense.
- Lost luggage reimbursement up to $3,000.
- Trip delay reimbursement up to $500.
- Purchase protection up to $500 per claim.
- Visa concierge service
How to Apply for the Card
You can apply for the card through Chase Website or using the following link. Please note you are not eligible to receive the 100k signup bonus if you have applied for this card and received the bonus in the last 24 months. Also, you will be denied approval for Chase Marriott Rewards Card, if you have applied and received 5 or more credit card or open credit line in the past 24 months.
Advantages of Applying for Marriotts Rewards Visa Card
Now Marriott and Starwood Preferred Group are merged, when you apply and receive this card, the signup bonus of 100K Marriott Points can be transferred to SGP points at a ratio of 3:1. In other words, the 100K Marriott Rewards Points are worth 33,333 SGP points.
If you transfer the point to SPG, you can transfer the points to 28+ airlines frequent flyer program. The SPG offers a bonus of 5K frequent flyer miles when you transfer the miles in a block of 20,000 miles to airline frequent flyer program. So if you transfer 40,000 SPG points to the airline frequent flyer program you will receive 50,000 airline frequent flyer miles.